The University of Tennessee, Knoxville

Office of Information Technology

About OIT  |  Contact Us  |  Employment  |  Policies   
Search:     Advanced search
Browse by category:
Glossary

OIT HelpDesk - Knowledge Base / Software/Applications/Clients / Outlook for Windows / How do I configure Outlook 2007/2010/2013 for my Volmail Office 365 account?

How do I configure Outlook 2007/2010/2013 for my Volmail Office 365 account?

Comment on the article
Views: 221693
Votes: 19
Comments: 0
Outlook 2007/2010/2013
  1. Click or tap Start or search for "Control Panel" and tap or click Control Panel to select.
  2. Tap or click the Mail icon or search for "Mail" in the upper-right-hand corner.
  3. Choose Show Profiles
  4. Tap or click Add
  5. Type in a profile name and click OK

6. In the Your Name field type your name.

In the E-mail Address field type your-netid@vols.utk.edu 
    **NOTE: In some cases, you may need to enter your-netid@volmail.utk.edu for Outlook to configure properly.

In the Password and Confirm Password blanks, type your NetID/Volmail password.

After all fields are complete, click Next

7. You may be prompted to "Allow this website to configure netid@vols.utk.edu server settings?"; choose Allow.

8. When all settings have been verified, click Finish.
  9. When you launch Outlook, log in with your netid@vols.utk.edu email address and password.

If you have any problems setting up Outlook using the Autodiscover settings listed here, please contact the OIT HelpDesk at (865) 974-9900 or visit our Service Center in The Commons at Hodges Library.

Outlook 2003

Volmail cannot be configured as an Exchange account for Outlook 2003.  Directions for configuring Outlook 2003 for IMAP/POP are located at http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/cc835668.aspx

Also read
document How do I set up mail forwarding for my Live/Volmail account?
document What is the message size limit in Volmail/Live
document What is the maximum attachment size in VolMail/Office 365?

Others in this Category
document How do I set up a vacation message/autoreply for Tmail/Exchange?
document How do I set my vacation message/autoreply for Tmail/Exchange to only be sent out during specific dates?
document Corrupted Windows user account prevents logging into Outlook
document What is my new Exchange 2010 quota?
document I just upgraded to Office 2010. I am now unable to open office attachments in Outlook or OWA (Tmail). What should I do?
document I am getting the error "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. Invalid XML, the view cannot be loaded." How do I fix this?
document In Outlook 2010, I do not see the tabbed ribbon/toolbar at the top of the screen. How can I get it back?
document In Outlook, I am getting the error "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" when I click on a link in a mail message. I have also uninstalled Google Chrome. How can I fix this?
document I do not see my mailbox folders in Outlook. How can I reveal the folders?
document When I click on messages in my Outlook Inbox, Outlook marks them as unread even though I haven't read them yet. How can I fix this?
document Someone sent a mail message to me that is being delivered continuously. I am receiving multiple copies of the message in my mailbox. How can this be fixed?
document I need to put a calendar item on my Android device and be able to see it on my calendar in Outlook or Outlook Web Access (OWA). How can I do this?
document Outlook 2010/2013 Upgrade in Progress or Upgrade Outlook Connector Error Message
document I cannot see all of my Inbox messages in Outlook 2013. Where are they?
document I am using Internet Explorer 11. When I try to log into Outlook Web App (OWA) to check my mail, I can only use the light version of OWA. How can this be fixed?
document I am using Outlook 2013 and the white background is too bright. Can I change the background color?
document I am using Outlook 2013 and cannot find the option to enable the Folder List view. Where is this option?
document How do I open a Resource Mailbox Room in Outlook 2010/2013?
document How do I add a meeting to the Resource Mailbox Room calendar in Outlook 2010/2013?
document How do I force download a new local copy of the GAL (Global Address List)?

RSS

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Big Orange. Big Ideas.

Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 | 865-974-1000
The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System